Life of Brian

The Life of Brian was interesting. I wasn’t expecting to see Jesus only once in the movie. I enjoyed the fact it was based on Brian, someone who was born in the next manger over from Jesus; rather than a film all about Jesus, it made it different than the rest. The Life of Brian satirizes the 1960’s and 1970’s which is also different and not really seen in biblical films. Throughout the parody there was some seriousness which consisted of the mocking of the ridiculousness of religious fanaticism. The question of why people do not think for themselves is continually popping up throughout the film. Both Jesus and Brian have many followers. I do not understand why people were offended by the film, you cannot always have a serious movie based on biblical features, and there must be some films that can capture a different audience. Jesus was portrayed very respectively in this movie, and that is all you could ask for.

One Response to “Life of Brian”

1.   drichter Says:

This blogpost is pretty late and pretty short. But I didn’t expect the Spanish Inquisition.